Where is the display cabinet?
The cabinet is located near the central elevators in the main corridor of
the 1st Floor (PDF map, 51 KB), 1 W. Wilson Street, Madison, WI. The cabinet is a natural
cherry wood frame, fronted by two 42" full view sliding glass doors,
which are kept locked at all times. Lighting is provided by four halogen
lights in the ceiling of the cabinet.
- Interior dimensions:
- 87" wide
- 67" high
- 15" deep
- Eight (8) adjustable glass shelve segments, each:
- Photo of empty cabinet
Where are the display areas on the corridor
There are a total of twelve areas for wall display
(example photo) in public corridors on
four different floors of the building. Select the link for each floor to
view a map of the display area. Please note that we cannot accommodate
requests for specific wall space. The Artwork Display Team will determine
where your artwork will be displayed.
How is the art displayed on the walls?
We use a wall mounting system for each of the wall segments listed in the
Display" Picture System (exit DHS)
- No artwork should weigh more than 20 lbs.
- No artwork can be more than 32" in height. Available wall space HEIGHT for hanging is approximately 32"
(from wainscoting to the Picture System molding)
- A hanging wire is required on the back of each artwork to utilize the security hardware
- Each artwork must be able to hang from the rod and hooks provided
with this hanging system (NOTE: works on paper may be hung with clips;
however, they will not be insured)
- Each artwork must hang ABOVE the existing marble wainscoting (which
has a height of 54" from the floor)
- Lighting in the corridors is indirect and levels vary in the
to Art at 1WW Home Page
March 12, 2013