Printable Version (PDF, 109 KB)
Health insurance for families and all children
BadgerCare Plus ensures that all children have access to health care
BadgerCare Plus helps families stay healthy. Your family will get covered health care services when you need them.
BadgerCare Plus can provide health insurance coverage to:
- ALL children (birth to age 19) regardless of income
- Pregnant women with family income up to 300% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (see chart)
- Parents and relatives who care for a child with family income up to 200% of the FPL
- Parents whose children are in foster care with family income up to 200% of the FPL
- Farmers and other self-employed parents with family income up to 200% of the FPL
- Young adults (ages 18 through 20) who are leaving foster care and turn age 18 on or after 01/01/08, regardless of income
|*2013 Monthly Family
additional person, add:
*These amounts are based on the 2013 federal
guidelines, which may increase by a small percentage each year.
Out of Pocket Costs
BadgerCare Plus has two major health insurance
plans. There are several limited plans which cover different services,
each with different income limits.
The plan youíre enrolled in depends on your
familyís income. Some plans will have spenddowns (deductibles),
premiums and copayments.
You may not have to pay at all, but if you do,
the amount you pay depends on your family income. You can be sure itís
a good investment in your familyís health.
Depending on the plan you are in, BadgerCare Plus may pay for:
Preventive services such as doctor visits, prenatal care, check ups and shots (immunizations)
Lab and x-ray services
Mental health services
Family planning services and supplies
Speech, physical and occupational therapy
Hearing services (including hearing aids)
Applying for BadgerCare Plus
The sooner you apply, the sooner you may be able to enroll in BadgerCare Plus. Donít take chances with your health or the health of your child.
You can apply for BadgerCare Plus at access.wi.gov, by mail, phone or in person with your local agency.
BadgerCare Plus is simple. It is easy to apply!
Invest in your family and apply today.
Go to access.wi.gov
For more information, call 1-800-362-3002 or visit badgercareplus.org.
Information provided in this brochure is general. For more detailed information regarding BadgerCare Plus, please contact your local agency or call 1-800-362-3002.
State of Wisconsin
Department of Health Services
Division of Health Care Access and Accountability
February 20, 2013