Department of Health Services Logo


Wisconsin Department of Health Services

Division of Quality Assurance
(608) 266-8481

DQA Web Pages Information

Provider Search

Choosing WI Residential Options

If You Have Complaints about Health/ Residential Care Providers


Assisted Living Facilities (CBRFs, adult family homes, etc.)

Nursing Homes

Facilities Serving People with Developmental Disabilities

Health Care Facilities (home, health, hospitals, laboratories, etc.)

Alcohol & Other Drug Abuse and Mental Health

WI Adult Programs Caregiver Misconduct Registry

Wisconsin Mental Health and Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Services


For complaints concerning mental health or alcohol and other drug abuse treatment programs, you may:

  • Contact the Behavioral Health Certification Section of the Division of Quality Assurance at (608) 261-0656.

  • To file a complaint online select: The Online Complaint Intake System.

  • To use the toll free number to file a complaint dial 1-800-642-6552.

  • E-mail the Bureau of Health Services of the Division of Quality Assurance.

See also Health Care Facilities for psychiatric hospitals and hospital units, which are subject to hospital regulations.

Locate Providers

Use the Provider Search application to locate providers/facilities and to obtain additional information about specific providers.

Directories for Certified Wisconsin Mental Health and Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Services

  • Includes list of Wisconsin individuals certified for third-party billing for mental health treatment.

Additional Information

Addiction Services - Includes tobacco and gambling addiction pages, conferences, prevention, recovery, councils, etc.

Community Mental Health - Support programs, commissions, suicide prevention, events, etc.

Wisconsin Client Rights and Grievance Procedure

Wisconsin Mental Health and AODA advocacy contacts:

Management/Staff Information

Information for management and staff of treatment programs:


Last Updated: October 08, 2013