Program Record Retention Requirements
Back to Wisconsin Feeding
Assistant Program - Introduction
Feeding assistant training programs must maintain the following records
for at least 3 years:
Training programs must maintain the security of the test materials and
certificate templates, to ensure disclosure or forgery does not occur.
- All student skill checklists, written examinations, certificates and
other relevant training records.
- Documentation of the training conducted and identification of the
instructor conducting the training.
- Record of all individuals who have successfully completed the
feeding assistant training and competency testing program.
Facilities employing feeding assistants must maintain the following
- Feeding assistant roster, recording all individuals employed by the
facility as feeding assistants who successfully completed the feeding
assistant training and competency evaluation (written or oral exam and
- A copy of the feeding assistant training or grandparenting
certificate, kept in the individualís personnel file.
- The selected residentís medical record, documenting no complicated
feeding condition exists.
- Annual in service session(s), relating to feeding assistant duties.
- Annual evaluation documentation, determining a feeding assistantís
continued competence in feeding residents.
Last Revised: March 30, 2011