Department of Health Services Logo


Wisconsin Department of Health Services

Division of Quality Assurance (608) 261-8319

Caregiver Home

Caregiver Contacts

Caregiver Forms

Caregiver Regulations

Caregiver Program Manual

Adult Programs Complaints

Caregiver Misconduct Registry

Adult Programs Publications

Nurse Aide Training & Registry

Feeding Assistants

Nurse Aide Program Contacts

Nurse Aide Regulations

Competency Testing

Nurse Aide FAQs

Nurse Aide Publications

Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry Frequently Asked Questions

The Department of Health Services has one state-administered competency test, as allowed under federal law, to ensure a neutral and objective nurse aide testing process.

The Department contracts with Pearson Vue to deliver Wisconsinís Nurse Aide Registry services.

The DHS liaison with Pearson Vue and the  American Red Cross of the Susquehanna Valley (ARCSV) is the Office of Caregiver Quality, Department of Health Services, Division of Quality Assurance, PO Box 2969, Madison, WI 53701-2969, (608) 261-8319.

Listed below are list of frequently asked questions related to nurse aides. Use the link in the question to obtain the answer or you may access the Nurse Aide Registry Frequently Asked Questions and Answers web pages directly. 


Who do I contact about my Nurse Aide Registry status?

How do I verify a nurse aideís status on the Nurse Aide Registry?

How do I report my name or address change or correct my name or SSN on the Registry?

How do I get a replacement Nurse Aide card?

Do I have to pay a fee to update my Nurse Aide Registry record or get a replacement nurse aide card?

When is my employment eligibility expiration date?

How do I update my employment eligibility to work in federally certified facilities?

In the past, my employer submitted my Renewal Form to the Registry in a mass mailing with other nurse aides. Should they continue to do that?

What do I do if my employment eligibility has expired but I have been working as a nurse aide the whole time?

What if I havenít worked as a nurse aide in the last 24 months?

My or my spouse's certification lapsed while I was on a military deployment. How can I update my employment eligibility?

How long will it take for my employment eligibility to be updated after I send in my Renewal form?

I sent in my Renewal form but my record on the Registry has not been updated yet. Can I still work as a nurse aide in a federally certified facility?

How do I transfer my status from another stateís Nurse Aide Registry to the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry?

How do I transfer from the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry to another stateís Nurse Aide Registry?

PDF: The free Acrobat Readerģ software is needed to view and print portable document format (PDF) files. Learn more.

Last Revised: September 11, 2012