Department of Health Services Logo


Wisconsin Department of Health Services

Division of Quality Assurance (608) 261-8319

Caregiver Home

Caregiver Contacts

Caregiver Forms

Caregiver Regulations

Caregiver Program Manual

Adult Programs Complaints

Caregiver Misconduct Registry

Adult Programs Publications

Nurse Aide Training & Registry

Feeding Assistants

Nurse Aide Program Contacts

Nurse Aide Regulations

Competency Testing

Nurse Aide FAQs

Nurse Aide Publications

Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry Frequently Asked Questions

FAQs Main Page

Who do I contact about my Nurse Aide Registry status?

Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry (Pearson Vue)
PO Box 13785
Philadelphia, PA 19101-3785
Phone: Toll-free (877) 329-8760
Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 4:00 pm Central Standard Time
Web-based Registry (exit DHS) via (exit DHS)
24 hours per day/7 days per week

Note: Applications are not processed at the Department of Health Services and walk-in service is not available.  However, if you have any questions about where to submit your paperwork, please call (608) 261-8319 for assistance.

How do I verify a nurse aide’s status on the Nurse Aide Registry?

You can check the online Nurse Aide Registry (exit DHS) or via (exit DHS)

You can search by name, Social Security Number or Registration Number. The Registry displays the aide's:

  • Name,
  • Date of Birth (DOB),
  • Inclusion date,
  • Expiration date for verifying eligibility to work in federally certified facilities,
  • Basis for inclusion,
  • Facilities where the aide is eligible to work, and
  • Substantiated finding information (abuse or neglect of a client or misappropriation of a client's property), if applicable.

How do I report my name or address change or correct my name or SSN on the Registry?

You may get the Change/Correction Form ( exit DHS; PDF, 40 KB) via

Submit the completed form with appropriate verification to the:
Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry

Pearson Vue
PO Box 13785
Philadelphia, PA 19101-3785

You may call the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry toll-free at (877) 329-8760 to request the Change/Correction Form.

How do I get a replacement Nurse Aide card?

You may call the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry toll-free at (877) 329-8760 to request a replacement Nurse Aide card.

Do I have to pay a fee to update my Nurse Aide Registry record or get a replacement nurse aide card?

No, all Nurse Aide Registry services are provided to you at no cost.

When is my employment eligibility expiration date?

Federal regulations require a nurse aide to:

  • work at least eight (8) hours in a 24-month period,
  • in a paid position providing hands-on care, and
  • under the supervision of an RN or LPN

to maintain eligibility to work in a federally certified nursing home, intermediate care facility for persons with mental retardation, home health agency and hospice.

Your Registry Status reflects your 24-month eligibility period to work in the federally certified facilities noted above.

The 24-month period is initially based on your competency test date. A new eligibility period is created every 24 months.

Note: DHS changed the previous policy of extending employment eligibility 24 months from the last reported employment.

Next set of Q&As

PDF: The free Acrobat Reader® software is needed to view and print portable document format (PDF) files. Learn more.

Last Revised: September 11, 2012