Children's Long-Term Support Waivers
Date: May 16, 2013
Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 NOON
Phone: (877) 402-9753
Access Code: 5604282
Materials and Post-Conference Notes
Talking Points For Individual Agenda Items
- The CLTS main office will be closed on May 27, 2013 for the
Memorial Day holilday.
- Remember that the June Functional Screen trainings are
coming up. All sessions are full at this time. If you have
questions, pleases contact Becky Burns at
- The revised checklists (Step 1, Step 2, and Recertification)
are in the final stages of department approval and will be
published soon. All CLTS Leads will be notified when the new
documents are available and should be put in use.
- The Department continues to look at issues related to
Purchase of Service contracts and required audits and
considerations for making changes to ease the burden on
providers and county agencies, while ensuring fiscal integrity.
No decisions have been made and discussions continue.
- The State budget is progressing through the usual biannual
legislative process. There are a number of initiatives focused
on mental-health related services for children and youth. There
are no anticipated changes in the CLTS Waiver funding.
- "The Heart of the Matter" listening sessions around the
state have included over 170 attendees so far. When done, a
summary will be distributed.
- Coordination between CCS and CLTS: the Department will be
continuing to gather information about the challenges and
concerns regarding the interaction between these two resources.
|New Record Review Process for 2013
- New process will include counties completing their own
review and submitting online
- Certain select counties will have onsite visits.
- The Children's Services Section (CSS) is developing a
comprehensive quality assurance system that will include rolling
onsite visits (modeled on other programs' successful practices,
such as the Birth to 3 Program).
- CSS will initiate continuous quality reviews of targeted
CLTS Waiver applications and recertifications.
|County Rate Setting Tools
- During the 2012 CLTS Regional Meetings, county waiver agency
staff expressed interest in learning more about how other
agencies set rates for waiver services. Agencies were asked to
share their rate-setting tools for distribution to the other
agencies in the state. Several rate-setting tools were submitted
and shared with counties around the state. County waiver agency
staff who would like to receive copies of these tools may
contact the CLTS inbox
with their request.
- June Functional Screen trainings have a focus on
writing notes in the Functional Screen. This is an opportunity
to review the minimum requirements of the Waiver application
narrative assessment, and how those requirements may or may not
be met by utilizing the notes sections of the Functional Screen.
- CLTS assessment requirements are detailed in the Waivers
Manual, Ch. VI, page 6.
- CLTS Waiver applications and recertifications must include
information on how identified supports and services are intended
to meet an assessed need and/or health and safety concern.
- Waiver funding services must clearly relate to an identified
|Decision-Making Based upon Assessed Need and
|DHS/County IT System Planning
- DHS has begun assessing both department and counties'
web-based IT system needs for meeting state/federal program and
data reporting requirements
- A survey will be conducted for county agencies to describe
their current systems, system needs, types of software used,
etc., to help inform this process.
|Youth in Transition
- A new brochure for families and youth is in draft format and
soon to be published.
- A Transition Conference is being planned for fall 2013
- A mentoring pilot for employability skills building is being
developed for CLTS Waiver youth currently involved in the "Let's
Get to Work" grant. CLTS Leads will receive a mailing from CLTS
to help identify the service coordinators working with youth
involved in the grant program.
- A teleconference will be held with service coordinators and
leads to share their impressions of the mentoring service, how
it is being used, its effectiveness, etc.
This teleconference was provided both
over the telephone and online through Adobe Connect. We welcome your
comments and feedback about the Adobe Connect process. Please send
your input to the CLTS inbox
at any time. The recording of the teleconference will be available
online to you until at least June 30, 2013.
- Call (877) 471-6587
- Enter Program ID 933926365033
- The recording will be available until June 30,
2013. After that date, contact
to request a copy of the audio file.
May 17, 2013