Children's Long-Term Support Waivers
Date: June 20, 2013
Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 NOON
Phone: (877) 402-9753
Access Code: 5604282
Materials and Post-Conference Notes
Talking Points For Individual Agenda Items
- Please send all questions to the CLTS email inbox during the
summer when many staff are gone on vacations
- Annual 372 reports in progress for CMS
- There have been some follow-up questions on the provider
audit guidance issued in past months. To help streamline the
information, the original document will be updated and
distributed to county waiver agency contacts after the
teleconference; please share with your waiver providers with
whom you have a purchase of service contract and are under
- DHS is evaluating ongoing and future system improvements.
First priority is web-based waitlist system; please be sure you
are keeping your HSRS Registry current, as this data will be
converted to the new system. Also continuing to develop the
Incident Reporting System and the Wisconsin Provider Index.
Looking at needs of the Children's Section programs to develop
an enterprise solution for both DHS and counties to enable
cross-program functionality and reduced duplication of entry. We
are preparing a Select Survey for you to provide us with your
- Meghan Mitchell is leaving DHS at end of July, 2013 to
pursue her PhD. Has been key in training and implementation of
TPA Claims system as well as providing technical assistance to
county staff. DHS has developed a transition plan and will hire
two positions to replace her current responsibilities. We advise
that you begin sending any questions you normally would have
sent to Meghan instead to the
Registry email address.
- Medicaid prior authorization denials and impact on CLTS
Waiver participants. Please send detailed examples of problems
encountered to the CLTS
- High-cost requests vs. COP high-cost requests: A reminder to
all that it would be very helpful if, when completing the
high-cost request form, you make a very clear note at the top of
the form as to whether you are requesting high-cost funding with
CLTS funds, or if you are actually requesting COP high-cost
- Reminder that DHS distributed a listing of appropriate
contacts depending upon the topic of the question. The list is
CLTS Waiver Contact Information.
Instructions for completing an Incident Report
Important to bear in mind that it is primarily
unanticipated events that need to be reported (one
exception is that all deaths of waiver participants must be
reported, even if the death was expected to occur).
|Shift-Staff Treatment Foster Home
- DHS is considering phasing out the "classic" model effective
January 1, 2014. This would give service coordinators six months
to discuss with families and implement a thoughtful transition
plan. DHS is soliciting county waiver agency comments and
thoughts about what challenges you may face if this phase-out
were to be implemented.
- Recent statewide budget process has raised interest in the
Autism Treatment Services. DHS would appreciate receiving
information about any examples you have where the waiver was
asked to fund Autism Treatment after the insurance funds were
exhausted, at any level of service (EIBI/CBI, or ongoing).
Please send any examples to the CLTS inbox.
- Reminders about the information required on the newly
revised Step 2 checklist and on the ISP for Autism Treatment
- Remember that the Step 1 process is a "presumptive
eligibility" process, meaning that when you have submitted the
Step 1, assuring the child's waiver eligibility, you may begin
to serve the child and do not need to wait until you receive a
letter after the Step 2 has been processed.
|Post-Conference Reminders for County
- Please send to the CLTS inbox
any examples you have of problems encountered with Medicaid
- Please send to the CLTS inbox
your comments or concerns about potential challenges that could
be caused by a phase-out of the "classic" model of autism
- End-date any outdated claims that contain inaccurate SPC
- Update your Excel provider file with "servicing provider"
foster care information and update claims with "servicing
provider" foster care information.
- If you receive an "out of office" message from your CSS,
please forward your question to the CLTS inbox.
- When using Adobe Connect, please be sure to identify your
county and the number of people in your room.
This teleconference was provided both
over the telephone and online through Adobe Connect. We welcome your
comments and feedback about the Adobe Connect process. Please send
your input to the CLTS inbox
at any time. The recording of the teleconference will be available
online to you until at least the end of the year.
- Call (877) 471-6587
- Enter Program ID 933926365034
- The recording will be available until at least
the end of the year. After that date, please access the
Adobe Connect recording.
July 25, 2013