for Children with Autism:
How to Apply
- Contact the County Waiver Agency
where you live and indicate your interest in services for your child.
- An intake worker or service coordinator will discuss the various
programs and resources available to your child and will assist you
in deciding whether or not the CLTS Waivers are appropriate for
your child and family.
- If you decide to apply, then the county agency worker will assist you with the
next steps in the application process. These steps will include the following:
- Completing an application packet, including Release-of-Information forms
for the county waiver agency to use in processing your application;
- Scheduling a home-visit for the county service coordinator to meet with you
and your child, in your home, to help complete the assessment of your child’s needs;
- Determining your child’s “Level of Care” (PDF, 134 KB) need based upon an online functional
screening tool that your county service coordinator completes; and
- Determining your child’s disability status (required for some specific
types of CLTS Waivers funding).
June 27, 2014