Short Term Assessment Program (STAP)
Short Term Services » STAP
The Short Term Assessment Program (STAP) is designed to meet the unique
needs of children and adolescents with mild to profound intellectual
disabilities combined with significant behavioral challenges and/or
psychiatric needs. Adults may also be offered services in this
program. Individuals receiving services in this program typically
present significant behavioral challenges, such as self-injurious
behaviors, aggressive and/or destructive behaviors.
The assessment team provides:
- Detailed, comprehensive assessment of an individual's current status.
- Identification of behavior function.
- Identification of desirable behaviors that might replace the challenging behavior.
- General behavior intervention recommendations.
- Assessment of psychiatric issues and psychotropic medications.
- Recommendations of adjustments to current medications.
- Recommendations for supporting the individual in his or her community setting.
eligibility is determined by Central Wisconsin Center's Admissions Committee following
a screening visit by the STAP social worker.
Services & Therapies
A wide range of services and therapies are available to all individuals receiving treatment in STAP.
Referrals & Cost to the County
Requests for STAP evaluation should be directed through county or Managed Care Organization (MCO) case managers.
the county or MCO will be billed the non-federal share for services provided to individuals under
ss51.06(1m)(d) who are eligible for Medicaid.
October 24, 2013