Dementia Care System Redesign
Dementia Care Project Highlights - August, 2014
Community Awareness and Services Team:
- Nine new Dementia Care Specialists (DCSs) have been hired and begun
- Met with medical professionals at UW Health to discuss opportunities for
- Met with tribal aging and health center directors to ask for feedback on how
the Dementia Care Specialist job description should be modified to suite the
cultural needs of tribal members.
- The Alzheimer's Family and Caregiver Support Program (AFCSP) Outreach and
Revitalization workgroup developed a work plan to address caregiver needs,
programming gaps and potential solutions.
Facility Based Long Term Care Team:
- The Music & Memory Program has completed the selection of 150 additional
nursing homes to begin the Music & Memory certification process.
- Nine Music & Memory certified nursing homes formed teams to walk at
Alzheimer Association events across the state. The teams have donation boxes at
the events to expand their programs.
Crisis Stabilization Team:
- Drafted surveys to assess the counties' capacity to respond in dementia
- Worked on identifying assessment resources for crisis responders to use
when dementia is suspected.
Dementia Care Guiding Principles and Training Team:
- Continued working with UW Oshkosh on the development of the Crisis Response
Research and Data Team:
- Created a draft dashboard to measure the overall Dementia Capable System
Last Revised: October 14, 2014