- America's Service
Locator (exit DHS)
- Locate a One-Stop Job Center by zip code or by city and state.
- Chamber of Commerce for
Persons with Disabilities, Inc. (exit DHS)
- The mission of the Chamber is to help persons with disabilities
and their direct caregivers to form and grow businesses.
- Employment (exit DHS)
- This section of Disability.gov covers a variety of topics
related to employment of people with disabilities.
- Job Accommodation Network (exit DHS)
- A free consulting service designed to increase the employability
of people with disabilities.
- Pathways to Independence
- Pathways, with input from key stakeholders including consumers,
advocates and policy makers, identifies current systemic barriers
and designs creative pilots to address them. The goal is to
test innovative solutions to existing problems and incorporate them
into the overall consumer-driven, systems change movement in
- Supplemental Security Income
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a monthly cash benefit paid
by the federal Social Security Administration (SSA) and state
Department of Health and Family Services (DHS) to people in
financial need who are 65 or older or people of any age who are
blind or disabled and residents of Wisconsin.
to Work Program (exit DHS)
- Link to the Ticket to Work section of the Social Security
- Vocational Futures Planning
- Information about employment services available for participants
of long- term care services under the Medicaid home- and
community-based waivers. The programs included are the Community
Options Program Waiver (COP-W) and the Community Integration Program
II (CIP II).
- Wisconsin Senior Employment Program (WISE)
- The Wisconsin Senior Employment Program (Senior Community Services
Employment Program) is an employment training program for low-income, unemployed individuals aged 55 years and older.
- Wisconsin Division of
Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) (exit DHS)
- DVR is a federal/state program designed to assist individuals with
disabilities to obtain, maintain, or improve employment. We
are Wisconsin's primary provider of employment services to people
- Client Assistance
Program (CAP) (exit DHS)
- CAP was established by Congress to provide
information about services for people with disabilities and to
provide assistance when a person is having difficulty receiving
services that are funded under the Rehabilitation Act.
May 23, 2014