Department of Health Services Logo


Wisconsin Department of Health Services

Food Safety and Recreational Licensing Home



Codes and Regulations

Programs and Certifications

Forms and Publications

Consumer Complaints

Contact Information

Frequently Asked Questions

Certifications and Registration Approvals

Food Manager Certification

To ensure a safe food supply, Food Safety and Recreational Licensing requires that managers of food service operations become certified in food safety.

Food Manager Certification (exit DHS)

Food Manager Certification and Recertification Course Directory (PDF, 59 KB)

Approved Sanitizer Lists - Updated Policy (8/13/13)

In recent discussions with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and industry, we discovered that EPA has developed a robust efficacy testing process for sanitizers as part of their labeling requirements. In an effort to reduce duplicative services, the Food Safety and Recreational Licensing section will no longer require sanitizers for food contact surfaces to be tested and approved for use in Wisconsin. This change will be reflected during the next code revision. The department will still require that sanitizers meet the Wisconsin Food Code reference 4−501.114.

All sanitizers are required to have an approved EPA label with directions for use unless otherwise approved for use with food contact surfaces or food by FDA.



Last Revised: April 15, 2014