Mendota Mental Health Institute - Prevocational Services
Services include the design and implementation of formal
and informal assessments protocols, treatment plans, and job descriptions appropriate for
adult and forensic patients whose treatment needs include, but are not limited to the
- Memory related difficulties associated with Mental Illness,
Developmental Disabilities, Emotional Disabilities, and Physical Disabilities.
- Expressive and receptive communication skills that are/or
can be a part of the treatment through work.
- Providing a work history for those who have little or no
positive work history related to previous employment.
- Training, screening, and education in areas such as how to
use adaptive aids and tools, utilization of small hand tools, basic math and reading
skills at least to the 6th grade level, color discriminations, basic typing skills,
utilization of community resources, adaptation toward work skills, tolerance of others and
self, stress management, self-esteem, life skills, proper hygiene, and the opportunity to
- Communication problems associated with people with mental
illness, emotional disabilities, developmental disabilities, language and cultural issues,
and physical disabilities.
- Exploration of resources and support for pre-employment in
designated areas of interest.
Mendota Mental Health Institute
301 Troy Drive, Madison, WI 53704
Phone:(608) 301-1000 Fax:(608) 301-1358
April 17, 2014