Unit 1 - Medium Custody Service Area
Supervisor: Jason McHugh
Unit Program Summary
The mission of the Medium/Max Custody Service Area is to provide a
safe, non-violent, secure treatment environment to address the
individual referrals of inmates to the Wisconsin Resource Center, and
enhance skills needed to successfully function upon return to DOC.
Unit A1 is committed to providing a safe, secure, and structured
environment conducive to the treatment and security needs of the
offender and the institution. An individualized and multidisciplinary
approach is utilized to tailor programming and treatment that best fits
the needs of each offender in our custody. Our hope is to provide
effective methods to help offenders cope with and adapt more adequately
in life and upon return to their assigned DOC institution.
- Address individual treatment needs identified by DOC.
- Provide clinical monitoring through groups and on-unit
- Strengthen independent living skills and pro-social life skills
with appropriate feedback and interventions.
- Reinforce essential treatment programming.
- Increase skills to negotiate a traditional facility.
Back to units home page
August 08, 2014