must leave your home
If you are forced to leave your home due to a natural or man made
disaster here are recommended steps to take before doing so.
- Make sure gas stoves are turned off before you leave.
- If you leave your house for an alternative shelter during the
winter, leave a faucet on at
the end of your water service line so a trickle of water is coming out of the faucet. This
should prevent your water line from freezing.
- If you leave your house, remember to take any medications or special diet
supplements with you.
- If you know of people that are out of town during a natural gas
evacuation, please contact the local authorities. These homes need to be checked for pets,
- If you leave your home, be sure and let relatives know where you are
For more information, contact your local utility or
Local Public Health Department.
Return to the Coping with Disasters homepage
July 16, 2014