Quality Assurance and Improvement
Guidelines and Application Information
Guidance for submitting a project proposal to the Quality Assurance and
Improvement Committee for grant monies from Civil Money Penalty (CMP) funds is
provided below. Eligibility standards, project criteria, suggested
proposal categories and a link to the Project Proposal application form
are included on this web page.
- Project proposals should be submitted using DQA form F-00176
(Word, 82 KB).
- Proposals are accepted during the following time periods:
January 1 thru April 1 and July 1 thru October 1.
- Quality Assurance and Improvement Committee reviews Project
proposals during meetings in May/June and November/December.
- Must be an organization involved in the promotion of quality of care
with licensed Wisconsin nursing homes. Civil money penalty funds
cannot be used to support initiatives in other health care settings
- Must allow for statewide replication of current and sound
evidence-based practices that promote quality of care and quality of
life in Wisconsin nursing homes.
Project Proposal Categories
project proposals include, but are not limited to, the categories below:
- Top citations/How to avoid.
- Virtual Dementia Program.
- Transitions in Care.
- Interact 2.
- Reducing paperwork.
- Improving communication with MD/training for nurses when they need
to contact MD.
- Falls prevention.
- Informed consent/psychotropic medications.
a Project Proposal
submit the Project Proposal application form F-00176
(Word, 82 KB). The
application form includes information regarding the review process and
Assurance and Improvement Committee Brochure
(PDF, 303 KB)
13-012 dated April 25,
09-044 dated November 11, 2009.
and Certification Memo 12-13-NH
(exit DHS, PDF, 497 KB) dated December 16,
Quality Assurance and Improvement Committee - Introduction
Last Updated: August 15, 2014