Wisconsin Cancer Reporting System
Abstract Plus Version 3.1
WCRS is pleased to announce that Abstract Plus Version 3.1 is available for
download below. This version is specifically designed to abstract cases
diagnosed 2010 or later, but can be used to abstract 2009 or earlier cases.
Version 3.1 contains all state-required reporting fields as well as some
Note: You must have administrative privileges to your computer in order
to install Abstract Plus. WCRS recommends contacting your information technology
(IT) system administrator to install the program.
To download and install Abstract Plus, complete these steps:
- Open AbstractPlusV3install.zip.
Follow the prompts to save this to a drive of your choice and extract the files
to that same drive.
- The zip file contains the following six files:
- AP_03010107_12_WI.Setup.exe (application file)
- AP_03010107_12_WI.msi (Windows installer package)
- Abstract Plus Version 3 Training Manual for Abstractors WCRS.doc
- Abstract Plus V3 IT Requirements_WCRS.docx (technical set-up manual
- Known Issues List V3_WCRS_05102011.doc (problems under correction)
- AbsPlusV3_Edits.rtf (list of current edits used in Abstract Plus
- Have your IT staff read the technical file first to determine if your
computer is set up properly for installation.
- Make sure the .msi file is in the same folder as the .exe file. Double click
on the .exe file to start the installation and follow the prompts. If your
installation fails, see page 5 of the technical manual, "Installation without
.NET3.5 or Internet download access," for further instruction (usually related
to not being able to locate the required Windows.Net files).
Please have your IT staff review these instructions and the documentation in
the V3 IT requirements document before installation. Make sure to follow the
user manual closely for specifics on how to install, log in, set preferences
and abstract cases.
training webcast that accompanies this new software program.
Please direct questions to Laura Stephenson at
or (608) 266-8926.
Disclaimer: This file has been scanned for viruses; however, for your
system's protection it is advisable to scan the file again prior to opening.
The Department of Health Services does not assume any risk associated with
the download, installation and use of this program; it is the responsibility
of the user.
PDF: The free Adobe ReaderTM software is needed to view and
print portable document format (PDF) files.
September 06, 2012