National Volunteer Week displays including several volunteer programs sponsored by DHS
Was on Display:
April - May 2014
Floor 1 Display Cabinet
"WHEREAS; the entire community can inspire, equip, and mobilize people to take action that changes our state and the world; and
WHEREAS; volunteers can connect with local community service opportunities through hundreds of community service organizations such as volunteer centers, Senior Corps, AmeriCorps, and Volunteer Wisconsin; and...
WHEREAS; our country's volunteer force of more than 63 million, and the State of Wisconsin's volunteer force of more than 1.51 million are great treasures..."
- from Governor Walker's Proclamation of April 6-12, 2014 as Volunteer Week
More information about the represented volunteer programs:
- Serve Wisconsin - AmeriCorps (exit DHS)
- Wisconsin Medical Reserve Corps
- Wisconsin Emergency Assistance Volunteer Registry
- RSVP of Dane County (exit DHS)
Sample images from the art display at 1 West Wilson Street. Select each image to open a larger version.