- 1.0 - IRS or DOR Levies (PDF; revised August 18, 2014)
- 2.0 - DOR Tax Set-off Program (PDF; revised January 3, 2018)
- 3.0 - Filing DOR Sales Tax Returns (PDF; revised November 27, 2017)
- 4.0 - IRS 1099 Reporting - see WAM Expenditures and Travel, 1099 Reporting (Section 6 subsection 10)
- 5.0 - IRS Request Information: Interest Payments (PDF; revised August 18, 2014)
- 6.0 - Sales Tax Exempt Number (PDF; revised June 4, 2013)
Summary of Tax
The Department of Health Services has tax-related responsibilities in the following areas:
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or Department of Revenue (DOR) levies against a particular vendor for amounts owed (TAX 1.0);
- DOR tax set-off program whereby DOR may intercept State of Wisconsin checks as a set off against delinquent taxes owed the State by the payee (TAX 2.0);
- DOR sales tax returns filed by the Bureau of Fiscal Services for tax collected by divisions and organizations selling taxable goods or services (TAX 3.0);
- IRS Form 8038-G and 8038-GC to be filed for interest payments, including lease contracts or installment purchases of capital goods (TAX 5.0).
- Sales and Use Tax Exempt Status Numbers to be used when purchasing goods and services for official state business (TAX 6.0).
Last Revised: January 5, 2018