Effective July 1, 2014, county and tribes that develop regional models for Comprehensive Community Services (CCS) are eligible to have the non-federal share of Medicaid costs provided by the Department of Health Services.
The steps to provide CCS on a regional basis are listed below.
- Submit Request for Approval CCS Regional Service Model, F-00944 (Word, 59KB) to the Division of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (DMHSAS). For assistance, email DHS DMHSAS CCS Support or call Cheryl Lofton, CCS Coordinator, 608-267-1427; Langeston Hughes, CCS Coordinator, 608-266-9612; or Kenya Bright, Section Chief - Integrated Services, 608-267-9392.
- Engage in training and technical assistance with DHS. Counties and tribes are expected to receive training and technical assistance from DHS in advance of submitting a CCS certification application to the Division of Quality Assurance (DQA). This step is designed to assure applications for CCS certification are likely to be approved. Technical assistance is also expected during the process of Medicaid enrollment and fiscal rate setting and reporting.
- Complete and submit a DQA application for CCS certification. Email DHS DQA Mental Health/AODA Support to request application materials. For assistance, contact Cindy Lindgren, Behavioral Health Certification Section, 608-261-0657.
- Upon DQA certification, counties and tribes will enroll as a CCS Medicaid provider through the ForwardHealth portal.
- Following enrollment in Medicaid as a CCS provider, counties and tribes work with DHS for rate setting and upon approval of rates may begin to provide CCS programming in their regional model.
- Request for Approval: CCS Regional Service Model Info Memo DMHSAS 2014-01 (PDF, 66KB)
- CCS Regional Services Models P-00602 (PDF, 55KB)