Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination Information

DHS Nondiscrimination Statement –English

The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) is an equal opportunity employer and service provider. If you need special assistance to access this material in an alternate format or need it to be translated to a different language, please call 608-266-3356, (Voice); deaf and/or hearing impairments, call Wisconsin Relay at 711 or 888-701-1251 (Textnet).

This institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability age, sex, and in some cases religion and political beliefs.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) also prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or if all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. Wisconsin Fair Employment statutes prohibit discrimination on the basis of ancestry, arrest record, conviction record, genetic testing, honesty testing, military service, pregnancy or childbirth, use or nonuse of lawful products off the employee’s premise during nonworking hours. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

For information regarding the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), contact the USDA SNAP Hotline Number at 800-221-5689, or follow the link to see a list of all Wisconsin consortiums and tribes contact numbers; State Information/Hotline Numbers.

You may file an informal discrimination complaint with your local service provider, or you may file a formal discrimination complaint with DHS. Any consumer that receives services and benefits funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) or USDA may file a civil rights complaint by contacting DHS, Civil Rights Compliance. To file a complaint, write to the Department of Health Services, Civil Rights Compliance; Attn: Attorney Pamela McGillivray; 1 West Wilson Street, Room 651; P.O. Box 7850; Madison, WI 53707-7850; 608-266-1258 (Voice), 608-267-1434 (Fax), Wisconsin Relay Services 711 or 888-701-1251 (TTY) if you are deaf or hearing impairment.

If you wish, you may also file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination with USDA. To file a complaint with USDA complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint form (PDF, 166 KB), found online at Filing a Discrimination Complaint as a USDA Customer or call 866-632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to USDA at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington D.C. 20250-9410, by fax 202-690-7442 or by email. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Services at 800-877-8339; or 800-845-6163 (Spanish).

To file a complaint of discrimination regarding a program receiving Federal financial assistance through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), write: HHS Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 509-F HHH Bldg., 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201 or call 202-619-0403 (Voice) or 800-537-7697 (TTY).

Complaints can also be directed to: HHS Office for Civil Rights-Region V 233 N. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 060601, 312-886-2359 (Voice), 315-353-5693 (TTY).

DHS, USDA and HHS are equal opportunity service providers and employers.

Spanish translation (PDF, 21 KB)

Hmong translation

Last Revised: November 14, 2016