Non-Wisconsin Residents Who Are Emergency Detained

County agencies can request authorization for reimbursement from DHS for emergency detention services they provide to non-Wisconsin residents when:

  • they are "emergency detained" by local law enforcement authorities
  • and require inpatient mental health or substance abuse services.

This form must be completed:
Request For State Public Funding For Non-Residents F-20572 (MS Word)

The contact person for questions about this process can be reached by email or by calling (608) 266-2715.

Last Revised: March 6, 2015