When to Submit an Update to the Consumer's Service Plan
There are certain circumstances where the individual service plan must be updated (other than at the annual recertification) and a new signature obtained from the consumer or their legal representative. In general, the service plan must be updated when:
- There is a significant change in the consumer's assessment or condition,
- A new service is added or a previous service is ended,
- When individual outcomes change,
- When the consumer chooses to change their service provider, or
- At the consumer's request.
Under these circumstances, a written update describing the change should besent to the CRS Coordinator, Wisconsin Department of Health Services, Bureau of Prevention Treatment and Recovery, 1 W. Wilson Street, Room 851, P.O. Box 7851, Madison, WI 53707-7851.
Remember: A copy of the updated service plan must be provided to theparticipant and if applicable, to his or her legal representative.