This page provides access to statistical publications and other information based primarily on aggregate data from Wisconsin birth records. Chapter 69 of the Wisconsin Statutes mandates the State Registrar in the Department of Health Services to supervise and direct the collection of birth data. This statute also requires the Department to issue annual statistical reports based on the data.
Some of the publications on this page also rely on other data sources, including death records, fetal death reports, and reports of induced terminations of pregnancy. Chapter 69 also governs the collection and use of these kinds of data.
Contact the Office of Health Informatics
If you have questions about the data on this page, please contact us at DHShealthstats@wisconsin.gov.
Annual Wisconsin Birth and Infant Mortality Report, 2015 P-01161-16 (August 2016)
Other reports and data products:
- 25 Most Popular First Names for Newborns, 2015 (August 2016)
- Births to Wisconsin Residents by County (annual table) (February 2015)
- Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Infant Mortality (P-00144-2012) (fact sheet) (PDF, 69 KB) (updated November 2012)
- WISH data query system (births, infant deaths, and other topics)
- Wisconsin Healthy Birth Outcomes Initiative
- Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS)