Alzheimer's and Other Dementias
The following section includes resources specific to Alzheimer's and other dementias.
- 24-hour helpline
- Social workers with master's degrees are available to consult by phone 24/7
- Alzheimer's Association
- Alzheimer's & Dementia Alliance of Wisconsin
- Alzheimer's Disease Education and Referral Center
- Alzheimer's Foundation of America
- Alzheimer's Workplace Alliance
- Department of Health Services "Tips for Working Caregivers" brochure, P-01174 (PDF, 828 KB)
- Green-Field Library Resource List - Workplace, Eldercare, and Alzheimer's Disease, 2014 (PDF, 303 KB)
- National Institutes of Health Senior Health: Alzheimer's Disease and Alzheimer's Caregiving
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
The following section provides general caregiving resources useful to individuals providing care for a family member or friend with dementia as well as others needing care.
- Aging and Disability Resource Centers: Information about community resources, managing finances, legal and medical issues, the special care needs of people with dementia, and much more.
- AARP Caregiving Resource Center
- Caregiver.com (See the article "A Silent Crisis: Working Caregivers Are Begging for Help")
- Caregiver Statistics Fact Sheets
- Caregiving Hacks (Tips from AARP: "You don't have to be a do-it-yourself expert to make caregiving tasks easier")
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- National Alliance for Caregiving
- Share the Care
- Tips for Working Caregivers brochure, P-01174 (PDF, 828 KB)
- VA Caregiver Support: Features a Caregiver Toolbox and tools for "Building on the Small Moments of Self Care"
- Video balancing caregiving and work
- Work and Eldercare