Alzheimer's and Other Dementias
The following section includes resources specific to Alzheimer's and other dementias.
- 24-hour helpline
- Social workers with master's degrees are available to consult by phone 24/7
- Alzheimer's Association
- Alzheimer's & Dementia Alliance of Wisconsin
- Alzheimer's Disease Education and Referral Center
- Alzheimer's Foundation of America
- Alzheimer's Workplace Alliance
- Department of Health Services "Tips for Working Caregivers" brochure, P-01174 (PDF)
- Green-Field Library Resource List - Workplace, Eldercare, and Alzheimer's Disease, 2014 (PDF)
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
The following section provides general caregiving resources useful to individuals providing care for a family member or friend with dementia as well as others needing care.
- Wisconsin's family caregiver support programs
- Trualta Caregiving Skills and Education Portal: Contact your county or tribal caregiver support program for free access to caregiving skills training and educational articles.
- Aging and disability resource centers: Information about community resources, managing finances, legal and medical issues, the special care needs of people with dementia, and much more
- AARP Caregiving Resource Center and AARP support line at 1-877-333-5885
Free help for individuals taking care of a loved one
- ARCH National Respite Network and Resource Center
- Employee Benefit News
- Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities
- Respite Care Association of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services—services for older adults
- Governor's Task Force on Caregiving
- Caregiving statistics fact sheets
- Caregiving Hacks (Tips from AARP: "You don't have to be a do-it-yourself expert to make caregiving tasks easier")
- Tips for Working Caregivers, P-01174 (PDF)
- VA Caregiver Support—features a Caregiver Toolbox and tools for "Building on the Small Moments of Self-Care"
- Video: Balancing caregiving and work
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- National Alliance for Caregiving
- Share the Care