The following information is available online for both employers and employees. The first section contains links to information for employers to learn more about the needs of caregiving employees and optional steps for businesses. The next section, relevant for both employers and employees, include links specific to learn more about dementia and general caregiving resources. You can include this information in your employee handbooks or any other materials available to your employees so they can access these resources.
- A sample letter employers can use to provide information and resources to their employees.
- Employed Caregiver Needs Assessment Survey
- Employer Solutions for Family Caregivers
- What Every Employer Needs to Know: Helping Employees Balance Work and Eldercare Guide
- Beyond The Workday: Finding Balance For The Working Caregiver Resource Guide For Employers
- Supporting Employees with Eldercare Needs: What Employers Can Do
- Creating a Supportive Environment: Getting Started
- Report: Best Practices in Workplace Eldercare
- Workforce Benchmarking Tool
- U.S. Department of Labor: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Wisconsin’s FMLA Law
Resources to Share with Employees
Family caregivers can find additional resources and information at Resources for Dementia and Family Caregiving.