Dementia Care System Redesign
Community Awareness and Services Team
- Collaborated with the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) to begin piloting an optional dementia curriculum for middle and high school health classes.
- Completed and initial draft of the Dementia Friendly Communities Tool Kit.
- Drafted sections of a Dementia Friendly Employers Tool Kit and began developing web pages to make it available to the public.
- Initiated development of a "Policies and Best Practices Manual" for the Alzheimer's Family Caregiver Support Program (AFCSP).
- Released the Department of Health Services Tribal Dementia Care Specialist pilot project grant application and held an informational conference call.
Facility Based Long-Term Care Team
- Conducted the last of ten scheduled visits to facilities to observe promising and innovative dementia friendly practices.
- Conducted the Music & Memory kickoff webinar, which hosted participants from Wisconsin's 248 certified Music & Memory nursing homes.
- Learned that Wisconsin nursing homes are now ranked 3rd lowest in the nation in the use of psychotropic medication.
- Continued to develop a publication that will report on citations frequently issued to nursing homes and help to identify strategies for providers to improve services and avoid serious violations.
Crisis Response and Stabilization Team
- Developed a framework for updating crisis stabilization strategies and priorities..
- Sent the Emergency Protective Placement survey to county Elder Adult at Risk/Adult at Risk (EAAR/AAR) agencies.
Dementia Care Guiding Principles and Training Team
- Launched the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Crisis Response training.
- Finalized a draft training catalog to publicize existing dementia care training programs.
Research and Data Collection Team
- Began preliminary planning for a Facilities Inventory Survey.
Last Revised: April 14, 2015