Device Loans are short-term loans of assistive technology devices for the purpose of:
- assisting in the decision-making process of finding the most appropriate equipment
- serve as loaner equipment
- provide a short-term accommodations
Device Loans are available at the regional independent living centers. Loans are available to people with disabilities, their families, employers, service providers and other interested persons.
Staff at the Device Loan Center provide:
- individual assistance regarding selecting and trying-out a variety of assistive technology devices.
- direct consumers to manufacturers and funding sources.
Device Loan is one of the State Level activities funded through the AT Act of 1998, as amended.