Eligible Hospitals are required to register at the national level through the CMS Registration and Attestation system prior to completing a Wisconsin Medicaid EHR Incentive Program application.
Step 1: Register at the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Registration and Attestation System.
Eligible Hospitals will need to have the following required information to complete registration:
- Have a National Provider Identifier (exit DHS) (NPI) number.
- Have a National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (exit DHS) (NPPES) web user account ID and password.
- Have an EHR Certification Number (optional).
Once Eligible Hospitals have the required information listed above, they can successfully register at the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Registration and Attestation System (exit DHS).
Step 2: Complete the Wisconsin Medicaid EHR Incentive application.
- The application can be accessed through the ForwardHealth Provider Portal (exit DHS).
- For more information on the application processes, including important preparation steps, refer to the step-by-step user guide: Wisconsin Medicaid EHR Incentive Program User Guide for Eligible Hospitals.