Food Safety and Recreational Licensing - Consumer Complaints

The Food Safety and Recreational Licensing Program values your feedback. If you would like to file a complaint against one of the establishments licensed by our staff (public restaurant, swimming pool or water attraction, campground, lodging establishment, food operation, or body art business), please email or call 608-266-0915. If you would like your complaint to remain anonymous, you must indicate that in your email.

Include the following information in your email:
(Items marked with * (asterisk) are required.)

  • Whether or not this is an anonymous complaint*

  • Establishment name*

  • Street Address of Establishment (if known)

  • City/Town/Village*

  • Date of Incident (mm/dd/yyyy)*

  • Approximate Time Incident Occurred

  • Description of What Happened*

  • Any Additional Comments

Please note: Many areas in Wisconsin are regulated by local public health departments rather than the Wisconsin Department of Health Services. If the establishment you have a complaint against is not in an area regulated by the Department, the Food Safety and Recreational Licensing staff will automatically direct your complaint to the appropriate local party.

Last Revised: May 11, 2015