How to Apply - Income Maintenance (IM) Agencies


How to Apply

You can apply for FoodShare, BadgerCare Plus, Medicaid, or Caretaker Supplement benefits online, by phone, by mail, or in person with your local agency.

Note: You can apply for Wisconsin Shares Child Care Subsidy (Wisconsin Shares) online, by phone, or in person at your local Wisconsin Shares agency. You can apply for Wisconsin Works (W-2) at your local W-2 agency.

Guide to Applying for Wisconsin Health and Nutrition Programs P-16091

  • To apply online, go to and click on Apply for Benefits. ACCESS is also the fastest and easiest way to apply for all forms of BadgerCare Plus, Medicaid and FoodShare no matter where you live in Wisconsin.
  • To apply by phone or in person, from the list below click the county where you live or the county/tribal name to get the address and phone number for your local agency.
  • To apply by mail, complete an application for each program you are applying for. Send the completed application and any proof/verification to:
If you live in Milwaukee County:

PO Box 05676
Milwaukee WI 53205


Fax: 1-888-409-1979

If you do not live in Milwaukee County:

PO Box 5234
Janesville, WI 53547-5234

Fax: 1-855-293-1822

Choose a county or a tribe from the list below to view the agency's information (including address, phone number, fax, and email). The office hours are also posted for each agency. If you have specific questions, contact the main office in your county/tribe.

If you don't know the name of your county, you can find it by looking for your home town on the list of Wisconsin municipalities (PDF) .

Find out more about getting help from others with your eligibility and/or benefits.

Application Forms

  • FoodShare F-16019A
  • BadgerCare Plus and Family Planning Only Services F-10182
  • Medicaid for the Elderly, Blind or Disabled F-10101




Click on a tribe below for more information about the tribal agency.


Map of Wisconsin divided into regionsA consortia is made up of a group of consortiums. Each consortium is made up of county agencies that determine enrollment and ongoing case management. You can request services at any of the county agencies within your consortium. Click on a consortium below for more information.



Click on a county below for more information about the agency in that county. Note: Menominee Tribe administers programs in Menominee County.

Agencies who wish to update their information should send an email to the webmaster.

Last Revised: February 4, 2019