Healthiest Wisconsin 2020 strongly encourages all public health system partners to use evidence- and science-based actions to prevent disease and preserve and promote the health of individuals, families, and communities. It is important that we "use more interventions that have been shown to work and fewer interventions that have been shown not to work" (CDC, Community Guide, 2012).
Evidence- and science-based actions are evolving at a rapid pace. The list of resources below will be updated as science, evidence and practice change.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) - Evidence-Based Decisionmaking
- The Community Guide - Guide to Community Preventive Services
- Informed Caring portal for Wisconsin health care professionals
- National Partnership for Action:
- Transforming Health Care, Together - Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement (ICSI)
For more information, contact:
Division of Public Health
Wisconsin Department of Health Services
P. O. Box 2659
Madison, WI 53701-2659