Event dates, schedules and agendas are subject to change. Please contact your Local Health Department or your Regional Office for additional information.
- August 4-5 - Wisconsin Public Health Nurses Conference will be held at the Holiday Inn and Convention Center in Stevens Point. For more information, please visit: www.wpha.org
- August 6-7 - WIHA's Healthy Aging Summit will be held at the Holiday Inn in Stevens Point. The Summit is an annual event that brings academic researchers, program leaders and volunteers, community partners from aging and health care systems, and others together to learn, network, and collaborate to spread evidence-based health promotion programs. Watch this page for news and information on upcoming Summits: https://wihealthyaging.org/healthy-aging-summit. View the Summit brochure and register online here: http://bit.ly/1GAKsoc. Contact Karen Denu at email@example.com or call 608-243-5690.
- August 17 - Community of Practice (CoP) for Academic Practice Linkages (APL) in the Northern Region (formerly LEAP NOW) will be held at Nicolet College in Rhinelander. Register on https://wi.train.org Course ID #1058598.
- August 18 - Northeast Region Community of Practice will be held at the Menasha Library from 9:30 am - Noon. Registration is available on https://wi.train.org, Course ID #1043283. For more information contact Beth Scheelk at 920-448-5058 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 9 - Healthy People Wood County Mental Health Conference will be held at the University of Wisconsin Marshfield/Wood County Campus in Marshfield. The Healthy People Wood County Mental Health Coalition is excited to provide this educational opportunity to not only people in Wood County, but also people state-wide. Registration will open in August and will be posted when available.
- October 31-November 4 - American Public Health Association (APHA) Annual Meetings will be held in Chicago. More information: http://www.apha.org/events-and-meetings/annual
- November 9-10 - Moving the Needle Summit will be held at the Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club, 1 W. Dayton Street, Madison, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Nov. 9) and 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Nov. 10). Target audience for Day 1 is Tribal, local and state public health department staff; state child death review council; data entry specialists and team coordinators working with child death review and fetal/infant mortality review teams. Target audience for Day 2 is Tribal, local and state public health department staff; child death review and fetal/infant mortality review teams; community organizations and partners working or collaborating on the Wisconsin Healthiest Families and Keeping Kids Alive initiatives, as well as people affiliated with academic institutions. More information will be posted as date nears.
- November 18 - Wisconsin STD Summit will be held at the Milwaukee Hilton in Milwaukee from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. Fore more information, visit http://www.hcet.org