Orientation materials for public health employees are intended for state, regional, and local public health employees in Wisconsin.
These orientation materials are available for use by those new to public health, within approximately the last two years. The training materials are free of charge and are for educational use only. If you have any questions, please contact Christie Reese.
Materials gathered and developed in 2021, by the Division of Public Health
- Introduction to Implicit Bias (PDF)
- Public Health 2021 and Beyond (PDF)
- Vimeo Showcase of recorded presentations (Slide decks for presentations linked below)
- Performance Management presentation slide deck (PowerPoint)
- Resiliency presentation slide deck (PowerPoint)
- Self Compassion presentation slide deck (PowerPoint)
- Wisconsin Public Health Governance presentation slide deck (PDF)
- Resource documents
Past Division of Public Health Public Employee Orientation materials (2019 sessions and prior)
- Public Health 101 (PDF)
- Public Health History and Structure (PDF)
- Public Health Statutes (PDF)
- Public Health Data (PDF)
- State Funding (PDF)
- State Laboratory of Hygiene (PDF)
- Self Care Presentation and Materials, 2019, Kelly Moe Litke, Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault (WCASA), reproduced with permission
New to Public Health Residency Program
The New to Public Health (N2PH) Residency Program is an innovative, professional development program designed to support new public health professionals transitioning into a local, regional, tribal, or state public health agency.
Visit new2publichealth.wisc.edu to learn more.
Region V Public Health Training Center
The Region V Public Health Training Center (RVPHTC) seeks to advance the skills of the current and future public health workforce to improve population health outcomes. Part of the Public Health Learning Network (PHLN), the RVPHTC develops online and in-person trainings on a variety of public health topics.
Public Health Learning Navigator
The Public Health Learning Navigator is an interactive resource for finding public health learning modules that includes a vetting process. Before a training module is made available, the content is reviewed and screened for quality standards.