Medicaid Enrollment Renewal

English, Hmong, Spanish (PDF 56 KB)

If you are enrolled in a Medicaid for the Elderly, Blind or Disabled, you are required to do a renewal every 12 months. A renewal is to make sure you are getting the correct benefit. If your renewal is not done, your enrollment in the Medicaid program will end.

How Will I Know My Renewal Is Due?

Your agency will send you a notice by mail a month before your renewal is due. (For example, if your renewal is due in April, you will get a notice in March.)

How Can I do My Renewal?

You have a choice. You can do your renewal:

Online: Go to and click on “Renew My Benefits” and follow the instructions to set up an account, if you have not done so in the past, and then complete the renewal process.

By mail: Complete the Wisconsin Medicaid for the Elderly, Blind or Disabled application for renewal. You can get this application online at or by contactingyour agency.

By phone or in person: You will need to contact your local agency to set up an appointment.

How Does a Renewal Work?

You will be asked to update the information needed determine your enrollment such as in income, assets, expenses and who lives in your home. You may be asked to provide proof of your answers. 

A few days after your renewal is done, you will get a notice about your enrollment. If you have any changes in your enrollment, your notice will explain these changes. 

For More Information:

  • You can contact your agency. You can get the phone number and address of your agency by calling Member Services 1-800-362-3002 or online at
  • For general questions, contact Member Services at 1-800-362-3002 (voice) or 711 (TTY) or go to the Customer Help website at

Information provided in this document is general. To find out more detailed information regarding a Medicaid Enrollment Review, please contact your local agency.

Department of Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and service provider. If you have a disability and need to access this information in an alternate format, or need it translated to another language, please contact (608) 266-3465 or 1-888-701-1251 (TTY). All translation services are free of charge.

For civil rights questions call (608) 266-9372 or 1-888-701-1251 (TTY).

P-10049 (10/10)


Last Revised: November 17, 2014