ForwardHealth - Health Care for Migrant Workers

English, Hmong, Spanish (PDF 34 KB)

You may be able to get health care if you are a migrant worker and you have moved to Wisconsin for less than 10 months to do seasonal work on a farm or farming type job.

Your monthly income is used to see if you can get health care. If you are a migrant worker, your annual income will be used to see what your monthly income is.

If you are getting Medicaid in another state, you can get WisconsinBadgerCare Plus for Families or Medicaid if you have the same number of people in your home as when you were enrolled in the other state.

Your agency worker may be able to reopen your case if you:

  • Lived in Wisconsin and left, but you have moved back, and
  • Have not had any changes in your home and it is before your review date.

If you move back to Wisconsin after your review date or have any other changes, you will need to reapply.

You can apply with your agency in person, by telephone, mail or online at To find the agency in your area, contact Member Services at 1-800-362-3006 or visit the Customer Help web at

To help you get health care faster, give the Wisconsin agencye a copy of your Medicaid card from the other state.

For More Information:

The Department of Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and service provider. If you have a disability and need to access this information in an alternate format, or need it translated to another language, please contact (608) 266-3356 or 1-888-701-1251 (TTY). All translation services are free of charge.

For civil rights questions call (608) 266-9372 or 1-888-701-1251 (TTY).

P-10053 (08/09)

Last Revised: November 17, 2014