It is a therapeutic work environment (patient goal oriented) where specific arrangements are made and accepted by addressing the individual needs of each employee/patient. Information, interaction, and observation is then assessed, documented, discussed, revised, further treated, and follow-up while working in treatment.
It is a form of therapy, by respecting the employee's/patient's desire for confidentiality and specifically identifying the degree of confidentiality.
It is real work where treatment, therapy, and work are natural life experience.
It is a chance to engage in joint problem solving, from a multidisciplinary team effort and an individualized employee/patient effort in vocational therapy.
OVERVIEW: M-POWER has a variety of services varying from somewhat brief "hands on" skill building work experience such as:
- Changing a tire.
- Basic bicycle maintenance.
- Ladder safety.
- Tool safety.
Paid Work Experience
- Production and assembly.
- Framing and matting.
- Basic data entry.
- Computer word processing.
- Customer service.
- Clerical service.
- Various types of finishing.
- Various types of painting technique.
- Cleaning and maintenance.
- Basic Mathematics, Money management and Measurement skill.
- Cooking and management.
- Work-related vocabularies.
- Job application.
- Telling time skill.
- Basic computer function in Microsoft Word.
- Developing work-related skills.
- Writing and spelling skills.
- Community resources for work.
On-going Educational Services
- Group discussion in work-related issue.
- Community speaker in American with Disabilities Act.