The Recovery Implementation Task Force (RITF) is an advisory board to the Division of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (DMHSAS). The role of the RITF is to ensure Wisconsin's mental health and substance use disorder services promote recovery, hope, dignity, and empowerment throughout the lifespan. Members include individuals with lived experience of a mental illness and/or substance use disorder and advocates for individuals with these concerns.
Mental health and substance abuse consumers of all ages and cultures in Wisconsin are thriving under the principles of recovery in all aspects of life. Mental health and substance abuse services throughout the state incorporate recovery focused principles such that all consumers can move into recovery.
To transform Wisconsin mental health and substance abuse services to embody recovery, hope, dignity and empowerment throughout the lifespan, in partnership with the Department of Health Services, Division of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, and Bureau of Prevention Treatment and Recovery.
The Recovery Implementation Task Force meets on the third Friday of every other month. In 2016, meetings are scheduled for January 15, March 18, May 20, July 15, September 16, and November 18. Meetings are open to the public. For more information, call 608-266-2717. Robin Pedersen and Shelley Monroe are co-chairs of the RITF.
Committees of the Recovery Implementation Task Force
Membership and Outreach
- Chair: Shelly Monroe
- Staff: Ellie Jarvie
This committee has produced a brochure (PDF, 298 KB) about the RITF.
Recovery Education/Dual Recovery
- Co-chairs: Serge Blasberg, Julie Berg, and Jim Sabatke
- Staff: Faith Boersma
- Mission: To increase understanding of recovery through education and to expand the implementation of effective practices, grounded in the principles of recovery, that support people living with mental health, substance use, and associated ongoing health care conditions.
Health Care Integration
- Co-chairs: Maria Hanson and Marie Nesemann
- Staff: Donna Riemer
- Mission: To promote the provision of health care to a diverse population in a holistic and integrated manner that respects the whole person at every stage of life.
- Co-chairs: LuAnn Simpson and Paula Verrett
- Staff: Ellie Jarvie
- Mission: To create policies and demonstrate support for the recruitment, training, certification, and employment for Peer Support Specialists.