Wisconsin Medicaid and BadgerCare Plus
Please Note: The following information is about non-emergency medical transportation. If you have a medical emergency you should call 911.
Non-emergency medical transportation is a public transportation and shared ride service. Rides can include public transportation (such as a city bus), rides in specialized medical vehicles, or rides in other types of vehicles depending on your medical and transportation needs. If public transportation is not available, you will not be required to take it.
Medical Transportation Management, Inc. (MTM, Inc.), Wisconsins Medicaid and BadgerCare Plus transportation manager. MTM, Inc. schedules and pays for rides to Medicaid and BadgerCare Plus covered health care services.
You may be able to get a ride to your Medicaid or BadgerCare Plus covered health care service, if you have no other way to get to your appointment and you are enrolled in one of the following programs:
- Wisconsin Medicaid (including IRIS).
- The BadgerCare Plus Standard Plan.
- Family Planning Only Services.
- Tuberculosis-Related Services-Only Benefit.
- BadgerCare Plus Express Enrollment for Pregnant Women.
Please Note: MTM, Inc. is required to follow federal and state law and can only schedule and pay for rides if you are not able to get a free ride.
If you are enrolled in the Core Plan or the Basic Plan and Family Planning Only Services, you can only get a ride to services covered under Family Planning Only Services.
Mileage Reimbursment (Gas Payment)
If you have a car and are able to drive yourself to your appointment but cannot afford to pay for gas, you may be able to be paid for gas. Contact MTM Inc. before you go to your appointment to see if you can be reimbursed for mileage.
For more information
Information provided is general. For more information about Scheduling Rides, Meals and Lodging, Complaints, New Rules, Denied Transportation or Fair Hearings:
- Contact MTM, Inc. at www.mtm-inc.net/wisconsin or 1-866-907-1493 (voice)
- See your ForwardHealth Enrollment and Benefits handbook (the handbook is also online at dhs.wi.gov/em/customerhelp)
- See your Member Update at dhs.wi.gov/em/customerhelp
- Call Member Services at 1-800-362-3002