July 26, 2019
Jennifer Miller, 608-266-1683
Elizabeth Goodsitt, 608-266-1683

Severe Weather Recovery: Replacement FoodShare Benefits Available

Wisconsin FoodShare members who lost food purchased with their FoodShare benefits as a result of recent severe weather can contact their local agency to request replacement benefits within 10 days of the food loss. Replacement benefits are issued for the amount of food lost, up to the amount of benefits already issued for the month.

Members should fill out the Request for Replacement FoodShare Benefits, F-00330 and submit it to their local income maintenance agency by fax, mail, or in-person. Members will need to describe on the form how they lost their food, and should contact their local agency if they have more questions about replacement FoodShare benefits.

DHS is currently pursuing a waiver with the U.S. Food and Nutrition Service to extend the timeframe within which members can request replacement FoodShare benefits due to the recent severe weather-related issues. More information about this will be provided at a later date.

Find more information about FoodShare benefits.