July 31, 2019
Jennifer Miller, 608-266-1683
Elizabeth Goodsitt, 608-266-1683

Severe Weather Recovery: Replacement FoodShare Benefits Available Until August 19, 2019 for Many Wisconsin Counties

The Department of Health Services (DHS) announced today that replacement FoodShare benefits are available for an extended period of time for most of western, northern, and central Wisconsin. DHS requested and received approval from the federal Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) to extend the time in which persons affected by the severe weather and power outages can report loss of benefits.

Members in the following counties have until August 19, 2019, to request replacement FoodShare benefits:

  • Bay Lake Consortium counties: Brown, Door, Marinette, Oconto, and Shawano.
  • Central Consortium counties: Langlade, Marathon, Oneida, and Portage.
  • East Central Consortium counties: Calumet, Green Lake, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Marquette, Outagamie, Waupaca, Waushara, and Winnebago.
  • Great Rivers Consortium counties: Barron, Burnett, Chippewa, Douglas, Dunn, Eau Claire, Pierce, Polk, St. Croix, and Washburn.
  • Northern Consortium counties: Ashland, Bayfield, Florence, Forest, Iron, Lincoln, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, Vilas, and Wood.
  • Western Consortium counties: Buffalo, Clark, Jackson, La Crosse, Monroe, Pepin, Trempealeau, and Vernon.

Members of the following tribes have until August 19, 2019, to request replacement FoodShare benefits:

FoodShare members throughout the state of Wisconsin who lost food purchased with their FoodShare benefits as a result of recent severe weather can contact their local agency to request replacement benefits. Replacement benefits are issued for the amount of food lost, up to the amount of benefits already issued for the month. Members in counties and tribes not listed above have the usual 10 days from the date they lost their food to request replacement FoodShare benefits.

FoodShare members should fill out the Request for Replacement FoodShare Benefits form (F-00330) and submit it to their local income maintenance agency by fax, mail, or in-person. Members will need to describe on the form how they lost their food. Members should contact their local agency if they have more questions about replacement FoodShare benefits.

Find more information about FoodShare benefits.