This page is for professionals who provide substance use services. If you are looking for information on substance use services in your community, call 211 or 833-944-4673 for the Wisconsin Addiction Recovery Helpline or visit addictionhelpwi.org.
Revised Wis. Admin. Code ch. DHS 75 implementation
The revised Wis. Admin. Code ch. DHS 75 has been published. It takes effect October 1, 2022. Support is available for a seamless transition. Learn more.
All substance use providers are invited to attend monthly virtual meetings hosted by DHS. Information on the implementation of the revised Wis. Admin. Code ch. DHS 75 will be shared at these meetings. These virtual meetings are held the second Friday of every month from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Join our email list to get more information on these meetings. These meetings are recorded. Watch recordings of previous meetings.
Opioid settlement funds - listening sessions
Several virtual listening sessions have been scheduled to get input from substance use providers on how anticipated settlement funds from opioid manufacturers and distributors should be used to address Wisconsin's opioid epidemic. View the schedule and information on how to participate.
Rules and regulations
- Wis. Stat. ch. 51 - State Alcohol, Drug Abuse, Developmental Disabilities and Mental Health Act
- Wis. Admin. Code ch. DHS 75 - Community Substance Abuse Service Standards (The current rule remains in effect until October 2022.)
- Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Programs - Certification
- Client rights
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Project ECHO®
- Opioids, Stimulants, and Trauma Summit
- Person-Centered Planning
- Wisconsin Substance Use Treatment Project ECHO®
- Wisconsin Public Psychiatry Network Teleconference
- Wisconsin Women's Treatment Project ECHO®
- American Rescue Plan Act: Mental Health and Substance Use Services
- ForwardHealth: Residential Substance Use Disorder Treatment Benefit
- ForwardHealth: Telehealth Expansion and Related Resources for Providers
- Recovery Residences Registry (PDF) | Recovery Residences Approval Process
- Resilient Wisconsin
Division of Care and Treatment Services
- Saima Chauhan (Substance use treatment coordinator)
- Beth Collier (Lead substance use treatment coordinator/state opioid treatment authority)
Division of Medicaid Services
Division of Quality Assurance
- Email staff who work with substance use providers
- Waivers and variances for behavioral health providers
Priority treatment posters
Agencies receiving Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant funds must give pregnant women priority in treatment admissions. Use one or all of these posters to inform clients of this rule. Provide agency contact information in the spaces provided before printing.
UW Addiction Consultation Provider Hotline
The UW Addiction Consultation Provider Hotline offers on-call help to health care providers who seek support and direction to treat patients with substance use issues. This includes addictions to alcohol, nicotine, marijuana, opioids, and stimulants. This hotline is operated by the UW-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health and UW Health. It is open to all health care providers statewide under a grant from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services. Health care providers do not need to be affiliated with UW-Madison or UW Health to use the service.