The Wisconsin Public Health Association's 2016 Public Health Nursing Conference: "Health Equity: Creating Healthy Communities" will be held August 2-3, 2016.
By the end of the conference, the attendees will be able to:
- Guide programs, policies, and/or legislation to advocate for health equity in communities.
- Create partnerships and capacity to advance health equity in your community.
- Identify strategies to implement health equity in your health department plans (strategic plan, CHIP, etc.)
- Apply assessment and evaluation methods to identify and address social determinants of health in your community.
- Apply historical lessons related to health equity.
- Develop self-awareness of potential bias and how it could impact your practice.
Please visit http://www.wpha.org/?page=PHN_Conference for details and registration materials.
If you have any questions, email Jamie LaBrasca at the Northern Regional Office.