DHS Webcast page - Routinely updated with new webcasts, this site also archives webcasts of interest to public health nurses and others working in public health.
Healthy Babies Summit and AWHONN State Conference - Improving the Health of Parents and Their Infants
Nine webcasts were recorded during this conference, held October 15-16, 2009. Included are presentations made by the keynote speakers Michael Lu, MD, MPH, widely recognized for his research in health disparities, teaching and clinical care of premature infants, and Michael Fraser, PhD, Chief Executive Officer of the Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs (AMCHP).
- What's Happening with Community Coalitions, Healthy Babies, and Fetal/Infant Mortality Review. The learner will identify community activities focused on improving perinatal outcomes and reducing disparities in infant mortality. http://dhsmedia.wi.gov/main/Viewer/?peid=05ce2caf-7541-4890-9500-53a2e4a5157f (Webcast, Help)
- Panel - What Families Tell Us. The learner will distinguish barriers and benefits to healthy birth outcomes identified by families. http://dhsmedia.wi.gov/main/Viewer/?peid=26574fc6-2437-4847-86f1-9236198fe538 (Webcast, Help)
- Putting the F into MCH (speaker: Michael Lu). The learner will express strategies that increase father involvement. http://dhsmedia.wi.gov/main/Viewer/?peid=e6dec5c8-2a19-4c61-b191-1e2a8666b87b (Webcast, Help)
- Keynote Speaker - Michael Lu. The learner will identify 12 strategies that will reduce racial and ethnic disparities in birth outcomes. http://dhsmedia.wi.gov/main/Viewer/?peid=8650dbb4-6b3b-4770-ab78-9fb3ebc0427b (Webcast, Help)
- The Fetal Cardiac Patient: A Real Entity. The learner will articulate risk factors for the development of fetal heart disease and interventions to address this disease. http://dhsmedia.wi.gov/main/Viewer/?peid=25dedae3-7f6b-414d-b823-590b6e34a07a (Webcast, Help)
- BMI, Reproduction and Pregnancy Outcomes.-The learner will articulate the nutrients needed for postpartum women, know the importance of weight reduction prior to pregnancy, and understand the risks associated with high and low BMI in pregnancy. http://dhsmedia.wi.gov/main/Viewer/?peid=44894ecb-6fba-4d49-8492-c585a5ef2b3a (Webcast, Help)
- Promoting Positive Relations between Pregnant/Parenting Adolescents and their Co-Parenting Partners: Theory, Research, and Practice. http://dhsmedia.wi.gov/main/Viewer/?peid=c3bc783d-153f-4309-85ab-e556549067bf (Webcast, Help)
- Medical Home for Children with Special Health Care Needs. The learner will state the medical home concept and practice benefits for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs and families. http://dhsmedia.wi.gov/main/Viewer/?peid=e0e80b08-09b9-47a8-b82e-0c6989fc8210 (Webcast, Help)
- State of the States: A national perspective on Maternal and Child Health (keynote speaker). Describe current national efforts to improve maternal and child health and federal and national policies to support those efforts. http://dhsmedia.wi.gov/main/Viewer/?peid=3d6817a3-bbb3-48a2-a20c-843958af6d63 (Webcast, Help)
Basic Environmental Health Practice for Public Health Nurses: Climate Warming, GPS Tools and Public Health Strategies (webcast, help) - This two-hour session was recorded on October 24, 2008, at UW-Eau Claire by Dr. Crispin Pierce, Assistant Professor of Environmental Public Health. The objectives are: 1) To identify current issues in environmental health and how they affect public health nurses' practice, 2) To develop an awareness of strategies to address environmental health issues, and 3) To identify ways to collaborate to address environmental health issues.
If you have any questions, email Jamie LaBrasca at the Northern Regional Office.