The APC training grants are designed to create and support new clinical training opportunities for physician assistants (PAs) and advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs) in rural Wisconsin. APRNs include nurse practitioners, certified nurse-midwifes, clinical nurse specialists or certified registered nurse anesthetists. The goal of the grant is to expand the use of PAs and APRNs to increase access to health care in rural areas.
Who can apply?
- Hospitals, clinics, or an entity partnering with a hospital or clinic as a training site.
- Priority will be given to hospitals or clinics in a city, town or village with a population less than 20,000 people, or to clinical training programs that include rural hospitals and clinics as training locations.
- Priority will be given to hospitals or clinics developing new clinical training opportunities for advanced practice clinicians.
What is the funding for?
- Funds may be used for planning an APC training program, or for implementing one. (If the applicant previously received an APC grant, the grant cannot be used for planning.)
- Grants may be used to expand existing training programs or to develop new training programs.
- If the grant will be used to reimburse tuition, the PAs and APRNs receiving the tuition support must be enrolled in an accredited academic program.
What funding restrictions are there?
- Up to $50,000 per year may be requested for a two-year period ($100,000 total; July 1, 2023, through June 30, 2025).
- Recipients must match the amount received through the grant (100% match) either in cash or through in-kind funding.
- PAs and APRNs must be U.S. citizens, non-citizen nationals, or foreign nationals who possess visas permitting permanent residence in the U.S.
When are applications due?
- Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. central time April 3, 2023.
- Applications submitted after this date and time will not be reviewed.
How do we apply?
- Please download the Request for Applications (RFA) to review all grant application requirements.
- Email final applications to DHS.
Who can we contact for questions?
- Please submit all questions by January 27, 2023. Consolidated answers will be posted by February 3, 2023.