Critical Access Hospitals - Contacts

See also Wisconsin general hospitals contacts information. You may also E-mail Michelle Doro.

For complaints and general questions concerning critical access hospitals, contact the Bureau of Health Services of the Division of Quality Assurance at 1-800-642-6552.

All fires in a licensed health or residential care facility in Wisconsin must be reported to the Department of Health Services within 72 hours (check specific rule requirements).

  • You may use the Fire Report Form (Word,  78 KB) and fax to 608-264-9847. Questions about this process may be directed to the "Fire Authority" at 608-266-0224. Refer to DQA memo 12-013 for additional information.

For information concerning processing state and federal certifications for Wisconsin critical access hospitals, contact the Compliance Specialist at 608-266-7297.

To obtain general background information about critical access hospitals, along with applications for area eligibility designations:

For information on hospital rules and regulations in Wisconsin you may E-mail Michelle Doro.

For Wisconsin hospital swing beds: Sandra Wasilewski, 608-266-0582, or Michelle Doro, 414-254-1752.  For swing bed MDS and PPS reporting requirements:  Margaret Katz, 715-836-6748.

Rural Health Clinics information

Rural Wisconsin Health Cooperative

Wisconsin Rural Health Association - Dr. Bruce Kraus 920-623-2323

Last Revised: January 16, 2015