There are several ways to file a complaint concerning a critical access hospital:
- To file a complaint online complete the Complaint Intake Survey, F-00607.
- To use the toll-free number to file a complaint dial 800-642-6552.
- Contact the Division of Quality Assurance (DQA) at 608-266-8481.
All fires in a licensed health or residential care facility in Wisconsin must be reported to the Department of Health Services within 72 hours (check specific rule requirements).
- All fires are to be reported by completing and submitting the online Health Care Facility Fire Report, F-62500.
Questions about this process may be directed to the "Fire Authority" at 608-266-8016. Refer to DQA memo 17-003 (PDF) for additional information.
- For information concerning processing state and federal certifications for Wisconsin critical access hospitals, contact Thomas Rylander, Compliance Specialist at 608-266-7297.
- For information on hospital rules and regulations in Wisconsin you may contact Denise Balboa, 920-979-6437.
- For information related to Wisconsin hospital swing beds: Denise Balboa, 920-979-6437.
- For swing bed MDS and PPS reporting requirements: Heather Newton.
- To obtain general background information about critical access hospitals, along with applications for area eligibility designations:
- Wisconsin Rural Health Association: Dr. Bruce Kraus 920-623-2323
- Rural Health Clinics information
- Rural Wisconsin Health Cooperative