Community-Based Residential Facilities (CBRFs): Contact Us


There are several ways to file a complaint:

Fire Reporting

All fires in a licensed CBRF in Wisconsin must be reported to the Department of Health Services within 3 working days.

Questions about this process may be directed to the "Fire Authority" at 608-266-8016. Refer to DQA memo 17-003 (PDF) for additional information.

Contact Us

For information concerning the regulations or enforcement actions for Wisconsin CBRFs, please contact Cheryl Bott at 608-266-2495 or Cari Gast at 920-360-9612 or any of the Regional Offices.

Contact the DQA Regional Offices for information about the following:

  • Complaints about a CBRF
  • Regulations for CBRFs
  • Compliance history of a CBRF

Construction/remodeling of health care and residential facilities please see Plan Review Requirements.

You may also email the Division of Quality Assurance, attention Bureau of Assisted Living.

Last Revised: January 3, 2022