The links below can be used by facility owners, designers, or others who have an interest in obtaining written clarification of a code requirement applied during a DQA plan review, construction inspection, or survey.
Clarifications are limited to DQA regulated healthcare facilities; primarily hospitals, nursing homes, ambulatory surgical centers, community based residential facilities, and hospice facilities.
Use the following form and follow the instructions to submit your request:
- DQA Clarification Form (Word, 53 KB)
Clarifications by code and edition:
- NFPA 101 - Life Safety Code - 2000 edition.
- NFPA 99 - Health Care Facilities - 1999 edition.
- NFPA 110 - Emergency Power Systems - 1999 edition.
- CBRF DHS 83 - Community Based Residential Facilities.